Southwest Basketball relies heavily on volunteers from the community in order to deliver all aspects of the program to the hundreds of youth involved each year. Teams are expected to provide volunteers every game for scorekeeping and timing.
In order to ensure that we honour our volunteer commitment to the EYBA and our communities, and to ensure the program continues to operate, a Volunteer Deposit policy is in place that requires a post-dated cheque that will be returned subject to fulfillment of your volunteer commitment.
There are many opportunities to get involved including coaching, team administration, and the EYBA casino.
If you are interested in volunteering for any of the team level positions, please speak with your child's Coach. As they come available, all other volunteer roles will be posted HERE.
Mites Coach Assistants
Team Level Roles
- Score Keeper Manager
- Assigns 1 person per game to score keep for the team, or score-keeps themselves, and assigns another when they cannot attend
- Team Photographer
- Takes a team photograph and/or individual photos of each player in their uniform and emails to parents and SW Basketball
- Equipment Manager
- If desired by Coach, collects and looks after the balls during the season. Makes sure the balls are properly inflated and keeps track of them.
- Jersey Collector and Washer at season-end
- At season end, collect the jersey from each player. Washes them and then bags them with a note of player and number to return to Association at end of season.
- Gyms Attendant
- Is assigned to make sure players can get into the gym. Ensures players are respectful at gyms. If they cannot attend a game, they ask another parent to do so.
- Same Gender Observer
- On teams in which the Coach is a different gender to the players, a same gender parent (as the players) attends each game. If that parent cannot attend a game or practice, they are to assign another parent.