18U Boys Winter registration is OPEN until December 9th.
Please note that waitlisted registrations are not guaranteed placement on a team.
Credit Card Payments Accepted ***All amounts are Canadian Dollars (CAD)
NOTE: SWZYBA uses the RAMP sports registration system to handle our zone’s registration process. In order to register a parent or guardian must first have/create a new RAMP account.
Athlete registrations can be added once this step is complete. If you have registered in previous years, your account and athlete profiles should remain.
(please read below before proceeding with registration)
- You MUST be registered before you can tryout for the A/B teams
- Players registering with SW Basketball MUST reside (or attend school) South of the North Saskatchewan River, and west of Calgary Trail, to the City Limits (see map)
- Please choose “2023-24 ABA Membership Year” (unless you are registering for Mites)
- Our athletes are insured through Alberta Basketball Association (ABA). A mandatory membership fee of $20 will be collected and paid directly to ABA upon registration. Please be advised this insurance does not cover communicable diseases such as the Covid-19 virus.
- Jersey deposit of $100 per player is required via cheque dated March 31, 2024 and payable to Southwest Zone Youth Basketball Association. (11U-18U programs only. No deposits required for Mites.)
- $100 volunteer deposit per FAMILY is required via cheque dated March 31, 2024 and payable to Southwest Zone Youth Basketball Association. (11U-18U programs only. No deposits required for Mites.)
- Registration is not complete until we have received your deposit cheques. Please mail a copy of your online registration receipt and deposit cheques to Southwest Zone Youth Basketball Association, P.O. Box 21018, RPO Terwillegar, Edmonton, AB, T6R 2V4. (11U-18U programs only. No deposits required for Mites.)
2023-2024 Registration Birth Years:
Mites: 2015-2017 (6-8 years old) $285
11U: 2013-2014 (9-10 years old) $440
13U: 2011-2012 (11-12 years old) $440
15U: 2009-2010 (13-14 years old) $440
18U: 2006-2008 (15-17 years old) $320 Fall/$320 Winter
Registration is by birth year. Requests to play down an age level will not be considered. Requests to play up an age group are considered on a case-by-case basis.
18U players are not eligible to play on both a community team and a high school senior team simultaneously. For this reason, registration for this age group is broken into two separate seasons.
18U Girls Winter Season - participants will register directly with EYBA. Information TBA in the fall.
Please read our REFUND POLICY before proceeding with your registration.
Refunds may be granted on cancelled registrations as follows:
2023-2024 EYBA Fall/Winter League
- $50 per athlete is non-refundable (a “full refund” does not include this $50 non-refundable administration fee), regardless of reasons for cancellation.
- Refunds requested after teams are formed are subject to a $75 cancellation/administration fee.
- Registration fees are NON-REFUNDABLE after the first game weekend of the 2023-2024 EYBA Seasons.
- Registration fees will not be refunded due to players not being able to attend games or practices.
2023-2024 Mites Program
- $50 per athlete is non-refundable, regardless of reasons for cancellation.
- Registration fees are NON-REFUNDABLE after the first full week of the season.